Skip to main content

Global News

Iran says US forces expelled, barred from Strait of Hormuz

An Iranian man walks next to a mural on a street in Tehran, Iran, May 11, 2026. Majid Asgaripour/WANA (West Asia News Agency) via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS PICTURE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY
Iran says it has pushed US forces out of key Gulf waters and vows to prevent any return to their previous presence. - REUTERS
Advertisement

CHIEF Commander of the Iranian Army Amir Hatami said on Sunday that U.S. forces had been expelled and were no longer permitted to enter the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman, or the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian media reported.

Hatami said U.S. military bases in the region could by no means return to their previous state, and Iran will never allow such a situation to happen.

Advertisement

Must Watch Video