Skip to main content

Global News

NATO is prepared to address any threat, official says

61739420649_NATO.jpg
NATO says it is ready to counter any threat after reports Iran may target US military sites in Europe if the conflict escalates. - REUTERS
Advertisement

BRUSSELS: NATO is prepared to address any threat and will always do what is necessary to defend all allies, a NATO official said on Wednesday in response to questions about a report in the Financial Times that Iran has allegedly weighed attacking U.S. military targets in Europe should Donald Trump escalate the war.

"As demonstrated earlier this year when NATO air defences successfully intercepted ballistic missiles heading to Turkiye from Iran on four separate occasions, our deterrence and defence posture is strong and effective," the official said.

Advertisement

Must Watch Video